Thursday, December 8, 2011

Movie Review: "Tetsuo: The Bullet Man"

66ème Festival du Cinéma de Venise (Mostra), 4...Image via WikipediaI've never considered myself big on "Artsy" films, but wow. This film begins in black and white with minor colorations here and there. Just gorgeous... and this definitely adds to the intensity from the opening scene.

Definition: Tetsuo - Iron Man; Fast like a Ninja.

No subtitles (thank goodness) but definitely foreign in nature. Asian. Apparently this is the third in the series, but new to me.

The graphics? I loved 'em. Reminded me of 80's Pop Video. Not something you would expect in a film. Creative and entertaining.

The plot? Mind-bending.

Been looking to find the nationality of Eric Bossick (the star of this film) but had no luck. As some of you well know, I have this thing for (especially 1/2 Asian and 1/2 American men). Eric looks to fit the bill but I can't confirm it. Let me know what you find out.

It all started with my month in Japan (to study Karate), at seventeen, when I became enamored of the 1/2 and 1/2 actor Masao Kusakari (he was in a Japanese version of the TV series Starsky and Hutch).

ANYWAY, this film is a fricken carnival coaster ride. Are they still showing that film in 7th grade about the hallucinogenic powers of marijuana (the "portal drug")? It reminded me of that.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment