Sunday, July 31, 2011

Movie Reviews: "Organizm" Sci Fi Horror Films

Cover of "Organizm"Cover of Organizm
This movie's fairly recent, 2008, and is probably a B+ film, but I found it quite entertaining actually. In fact, I was  on the edge of my seat at times... there were moments when it was even AWESOME (like when they find the tank and also the opening scene with the bullet that pierces both the BLANK and the BLANK)! Gruesome.

And don't miss the BLOOD scene. OMG. You'll know what I'm talking about when you get there. But, really, did we need to see her breasts? Plus... the closing sequence is delightfully grotesque. All in all it was a bit cliche but still a whole lotta fun.

The lead character (the talented Johnathon Schaech as Frank Sears) is a look-a-like for Peter Gallagher (from one of my favorite films of all time: "Summer Lovers"). For Peter Gallagher images CLICK HERE.

I haven't talked about it in a while. So I just wanted to mention that, although Sci Fi/Horror Movie Reviews and fitness may seem a world apart. They're actually not. It was upon my PTSD counselor's prodding that I began watching horror films. I had been avoiding them... anything scary at all. But she insisted that it would be good for my mental health, as "desensitization" therapy.

And indeed it has been. I am less easily startled and have fewer "trigger words" (particular words that would set off a panic attack/episode). I have become desensitized with the added bonus of discovering that I really enjoy this genre for its entertainment value.

TRAILER "Organizm" aka "Living Hell":
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment