Monday, November 28, 2011

Horror Movie Reviews: Dracula II: The Ascension

Jason Scott LeeJason Scott Lee (Image via RottenTomatoes.com)I thought I was so OVER vampire movies. Since 1983 and The Hunger, I'd pretty much seen 'em all. But... this one (suggested by Netflix) blew me away... a whole new twist. Very unexpected. I must say I enjoyed it a great deal.

The best part is that the NEW Van Helsing (aka Vampire Hunter) is a Church sanctioned Jason Scott Lee: most famous for his part as Bruce Lee in "Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story".

He is (as always) extraordinary in his acts of dispension (ie. ridding the world of the vampire menace). SPOILER: He decapitates with an unusual blade... and a few extraordinary powers of his own.

I mentioned once before that I have this thing for Asian men (ever since my summer studying karate in Japan and discovering Masao Kusakari... a half American, half Asian actor). LOL. He was the star of a Japanese version of Starsky and Hutch (circa 1977). Whateverthehelll happened to that poster?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment