Sunday, November 20, 2011

Movie Reviews: "Hardware, 1990" with a young Dylan McDermott

A portrait of Dylan McDermott.Image via WikipediaSo I've been watching the movie "Hardware, 1990" with the gorgeous Dylan Mcdermott,  and I began wondering about the efficacy of a real machine takeover. 

So I turned to Kurzweil's "Transcendant Man" and I had a panic attack... 'It's not a question of IF this WILL HAPPEN, but WHEN!" Geez.


So I asked (the brain) the internet, a question, "Will robots overtake humanity?" and it led me to this site:

(http://www.suniljoseph.net/2011/03/13/why-machines-will-overtake-humans/):

My favorite line on this site is: "Disclaimer: The views expressed here are that of the author and is based on the limited knowledge and unlimited imagination of the author and should not be considered as a rational argument based on scientific facts."

So, apparently, there are two options here: the optimistic (humans will evolve right along with) and the pessimistic (robots will find us redundant enough - or dangerous enough to require extermination... or slavery). So which will it be?

A friend of mine once said, "Just choose your side and that's where you will end up." Sounds good enough to me. I'm an optimist by will, not nature. Takes a little work. But I think it will be worth the effort. Where do you stand?


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment