Friday, August 26, 2011

Best Martial Arts Films: Blood and Bone Review VIDEO

"Blood and Bone"... this is my new FAVORITE Martial Arts Film. OMG. I had thought it was all about Gina Carano... but Michael Jai White just blew me away. Who is this guy? Where has he been all my life? The flying punch with a scissor-kick, c'mon.

This was the best opening scene in a martial arts movie that I'd ever seen. The fight choreography, the skill... perfect form, perfect execution. As a practiced martial artist, myself, it was just gorgeous to watch. Nothing fake here.


Be prepared (spoiler):
They "tap out" but the guy breaks their arm anyway!

I can't believe it took me so  long to see this thing. WOW. I watched it. I watched 'The Special Features'. I watched it with commentary and then I watched it again.

Netflix isn't enough. I need to OWN this one.

This is real martial arts for real martial artists. In fact, the script was written by a 20 year veteran of the martial arts (an "Old Schooler" like me). Plus, the star, Michael Jai White, actually holds 7 Black Belts! Are you kidding me?! (I only hold 3.)

I am in awe. The choreography, the skill, the fricken ART of it all.

If you get the DVD, be sure to watch the Special Features and the movie, again, with Commentary. It will give you more insight into the 'Making of'... and incline you to give respect where respect is due.

 TRAILER BELOW.
Blood and Bone TRAILER:

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment