Sunday, August 21, 2011

Movie Review "MIMIC 3: Sentinel"

Alexis DzienaImage by wvs via Flickr
The Gorgeous Alexis Dziena
Creepy (So creepy I had to watch it in 4 installments!) and absorbing (as have been all three) but this one has the added delight of actresses Alexis Dziena (Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist) and Rebecca Mader (Lost).

I was expecting (as this is the third installment) a total B-film Creature Feature extravaganza. But, then, was delightfully surprised by the subtle character development and unusual relationships. Plus, the acting was superb. Nothing B here.

Favorite Lines:
"Haven't you guys seen this movie? (Effen) terrible idea..."

Note: Saw an enormous cockroach while taking a bath today. Ugh. I tried to spare it by spraying it with vinegar (and this is what I hate about them) the damn thing ran AT ME! (Instead of away from me). So I had to grab the BUG spray... again ugh. I finally subdued it and flushed it down the toilet.

I have respect, you know, for spiders and cockroaches... as Mother Nature's  creations (and know that they will probably survive long after the HUMAN race) but still... they creep me out.

Now, imagine one as BIG as a human. That's the theme of this movie. UCK! I have to keep telling myself... It's food coloring... just food coloring. YUCKEE. If you like creepy gore, this one should be high on your list. But be sure to watch all three in order, if you can. They are all outstanding.

Written and Directed by J.T. Petty. Thank you J.T. for an AWESOME gruesome grotesque experience! You're the MAN.

He (she?) also wrote another favorite: "The Burrowers". Check out this post:
http://bodybeautybliss.blogspot.com/2011/01/movie-review-burrowers.html

And look what else I found. It might be ancient in Blog years but could still be fun (a J.T. Petty Blog post.  P.S.  It's a HE:
http://www.fearnet.com/blogs/jt_petty/index.html

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment