Monday, October 10, 2011

Martial Arts Movie Reviews: The Comedy "Kung Pow: Enter the Fist"

Jackie Chan began his film career as a stuntma...Image via WikipediaWho doesn't love Kung Pao Chicken?! Wish I had me some right now.

"Kung Pow: Enter the Fist"...

This one took me by surprise. I was laughing from the opening scene... "The Chosen One!". Very funny. Definitely a satire. Satire means CLICHE' and this is as cliche' as it gets (plus a few unexpected moments... like the "So cute!" scene). For those of you that have loved the dubbed Chinese martial arts genre for a while now, this one's a real kick. Get it?

Of course, this is a take on Bruce Lee's "Enter the Dragon", which makes it all the more fun.

I'm not a big fan of animated babies, but the sound effects associated with it make it hilarious. And then the chinese  baby grows up to be a white guy? LOL. Pure silliness. And the battle of the tongues. It gets a little stale through the middle but don't miss the Kung Fu Cow.

And the belated bark? OMG. I laughed so hard.


Favorite Lines:
"Your story makes my heart heavy and my prostate weak.""

"And then he killed the dog... I now officially know too much."

"I am a man of many needs. You will now receive the fist of fury." Fortunately, the little ones will receive this an an over-sight.

As martial artists, we have a tendency to take ourselves much too seriously anyway. So a little comedy relief is in order. I highly a suggest "Kung Pow: Enter the Fist". Why not have a fun Martial Arts Movie Night at your club? The kids, especially, will love it.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment