Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Green Hornet... Is it really a remake worth revisiting? ...without Bruce Lee

I have to admit that I was a little concerned about the remake of the Green Hornet, as the original Green Hornet with Bruce Lee, was my inspiration for studying the the martial arts. But after watching the Trailer... my concerns were calmed. How could you go wrong with both Seth Rogen and Cameron Diaz. OMG. Looking forward to it now. Here is the scene from the original Green Hornet from the sixties, with Bruce Lee, that inspired me to a life long pursuit of the ART of combat:

Later: I apologize, I wasn't able to find that scene. I remember it so well, still, after all these years. He was in the Kato outfit and coming down some stairs and did a flying front kick to knock out a light fixture. Well, here is a close facsimile. It's still Bruce Lee knocking out a light fixture but not the exact scene I remember. If you can find it, please let me know.
And for the young people, a CLASSIC Bruce Lee sequence:


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment