Saturday, May 11, 2013

Best (Cerebral) Horror Movies / Movie Review: Absentia, 2011

In Absentia
In Absentia (Photo credit: Wikipedia)



Absentia
2011, Rated R, 1hr 31m
Rated: 5 out of 5 Stars (Highly Recommended)

Netflix Description:
Seven years after her husband, Daniel, went missing, Tricia is about to have him declared dead. But as she copes with her grief and the reappearance of her annoying sister, Tricia begins to suspect a sinister force is behind Daniel's disappearance.

My Review:
WOW! Way better than expected. I'm not exactly sure what it was (the rhythm, the story-line, the NORMAL-sized characters) but this movie really MOVED ME! Literally!! There was one scene (Oh, so RARE - where I actually SCREAMED OUT LOUD and jumped out of my seat)... My hubby came running. "What's wrong?!" Oh, just the BEST little understated Horror Movie I've seen in a while. Then I laughed at the awesomeness of the adrenaline rush. Yup. I just loved it. Very indie AND very GOOD. Highly recommended if you can handle the subtle cerebral pace. I'd been putting this one off... DON'T!





Tags: Best Horror Movies, Cerebral Horror Movies, Indie Horror Movies, trolls, three billy goats gruff, horror fairy tales, movies reviews, horror movie reviews, 2011 best horror films


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment