Thursday, August 25, 2011

Movie Reviews: "The Last AirBender" Fantasy Martial Arts

Who likes Fantasy? I have to say it's 3rd on my list, behind Sci Fi and Horror but... it's still fun. Who can say what is beyond that wall at the end of the Universe? What was once thought insane (inane?) fantasy is now our science... flying, visiting other planets, even television. Let alone communicating instantly with someone on the other side of the world. Wow. Makes you think ANYTHING is possible.

 Just to keep my sanity, I like to say, "All GOOD things are possible."

This is a fun little flick. There is an interesting element of martial arts within all the "magic". Reminds me of Tai Chi. I don't have a lot of experience with Tai Chi but I consider it (as many do), not only one of the most lethal and practical martial arts, but also the most difficult to master... it takes a great deal of patience. Something most us possess little of.

It also looks like Kung Fu to me. But that is one style I have never practiced, let alone mastered.

Please, tell us what YOU see.

TRAILER "The Last Airbender":


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment