Sunday, August 14, 2011

Martial Arts Movie Reviews: The Hammer w Adam Corolla

US Navy 030327-N-9693M-002 Lt. Cmdr. Philip Cr...Image via Wikipedia
My New Favorite Martial Arts Film is "The Hammer" with Adam Corolla.

It's serious. It's funny. It's fun!

Adam Corolla, of The Man Show, is absolutely outstanding as a serious actor. Surprise, surprise. But the script (probably Adam's interpretation of it) is light enough that you'll want to see this film again.

It's a boxing flick with the usual 'aging contender gets a second chance' theme. But there are enough twists to keep it interesting and amusing.

As an added bonus, I learned a new Speed Bag routine. Watch for it.

"The Hammer" comes HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Note: If you haven't figured it out yet, I don't review the big Hollywood IT NOW films. For me it's all about the ones you've probably never heard of - the offbeat but worthy. The ones you'd miss if I didn't tell you about 'em.

AND, if it sucks, I won't even waste your time with a review. Thanks for listening.

I saw this film on Netflix Instant Play.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment